Friday, August 10, 2012

Friday, August 10: Contributors Concepts

Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of posts lately. Life is busy between finishing up summer classes, and preparing to go away next week. Honestly, I don't think I will be able to get a midweek post up this week, but I may have some time to work on concepts, which would mean I would have a solid set of posts for the following week. There will a friday post for sure next week.

These last few weeks have been a bit of a dry stretch for SOAC, simply because I have not had a lot of time to do concept work. I will probably not have enough time to create enough Canucks concepts to fuel this blog the way I have for the past couple months in the future. I will be writing for HJC, in addition to SOAC come the end of August, and I know I will have less time for PURELY Canucks concept work.

SO, I want to encourage you readers to send me your Canucks concepts. My concepts alone will not keep this blog going (In truth I am scraping the bottom of my barrel for Canucks concept ideas, and am tiring of having to make basically only Canucks concepts to provide enough material for SOAC), and it would really take some pressure off of me if I could feature more work from others on this blog. Please send your work in to me: shirtofacanuck@gmail.com


As mentioned earlier this week, Matt Marczel makes his SOAC concept debut this friday. Matt sends along his ideal Canucks home and road uniforms. The look of every ideal Canucks set that has been set in to SOAC follows the same basic idea (Use the current third jersey, or a slight variation of it, as the home sweater, and create a matching road jersey). Matt does the same here, BUT also sends along another option which he would consider if he were in charge of choosing Canucks unis.


The striping pattern used looks really great on the home sweater, but looks a little awkward on the away sweater. I actually don't think the blue cuffs are necessary. If you are going to use them, I would either make them small cuffs, like on the habs uniform, or merge the lower blue stripe with the cuff (so remove the low white stripe). but really I think it would look best with no cuffs at all.

I really like the gloves, they are simple and cool, and really hearken back to the uniforms from the 70's.

The second set Matt sends along is one he would consider for the main home and road sweaters. I have made similar sweaters, and think that they would be best suited as home and road alternates (if the NHL allowed teams to wear more jerseys).



What do you think of these sweaters? If you have any brilliant ideas for Matt, please post them in the comments below.
We will see a proposition for a third jersey to go along with these home and away options from Matt next friday!
Thanks for dropping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment