Saturday, August 4, 2012

Saturday, August 4: A Quick Update

I am back from vacation, but am not going to be posting as much on SOAC for the next few weeks. I know I had said I would probably have a new post for today, but instead of writing that post, I have written a post over on HJC as part of the application process to write for that blog. Swing by there at noon eastern time to check that out. If I do end up getting that gig over on HJC, I want to keep SOAC up and running, and I think two MAYBE three posts per week would be doable for me. For the next couple weeks that is what I am going to be aiming for here on SOAC.

This week is going to be a busy one for me (between finishing up summer school, making concepts for Icethetics' latest IceHL jersey design competition, and preparing to head out on another short trip) so I am really not sure when I will get my next concept post up. There will still be contributor concepts on friday so check back then for that. hopefully I will get another post or two up this week, but no guarantees.

Also, I have a few corrections to make to some of the information I posted in the last concept post I did from Wednesday, August 1. Reader Matt Marczel passed this along:



Colin
 
The Vancouver Giants logo was originally proposed to the Canucks as a primary logo during the Canucks 1996 rebranding phase which produced the Orca logo. Local graphic designer Brent Lynch designed both the Giants logo as well as the Canucks Orca. Brent Lynch also most recently designed the Victoria Royals logo.  I read about the info regarding the Giants logo in an article regarding the Victoria Royals logo unveiling last summer. The link below is to an article that is a carbon copy of the one that I read a year ago.
 
 
 
Matt

Thank you Matt for catching my mistake, and finding the correct information!

We will hear again from Matt next friday when he makes his SOAC concept debut.

No comments:

Post a Comment