Friday, June 1, 2012

Going Green

There is a green deficiency in the NHL today.

Throughout the Canucks history, they have worn basically every colour jersey, except green, which seems ridiculous, especially considering the prominence it played in the original Canucks branding, and in the latest blue, white, green colour scheme.

Do the math. It is time for the Canucks to start sporting some green sweaters.

To start us off, I have a special treat. A green jersey which reclaims an awful jersey (which I actually like and own) from Canucks history. The Canucks 95-97 alternate jersey. I hope to feature these sort of faux-back sweaters/jersey reclaimation projects from time to time on Shirt of a Canuck.


















Now into the heart of the matter. What should a green Canucks Alternate look like?
A couple weeks ago I posted a version of the green jersey (Option 1 below). I was not too thrilled with it, and have taken steps to refine it a bit. 
OPTION 1:




This is essentially the current Canucks alternate uniform in green, with the primary and secondary logos swapped. I modified the stick in the rink shoulder patches slightly from the previous version to add some definition and clarity.

But there are many more options which I considered to add some cohesion and pop to this concept.

OPTION 2:






Added a white shoulder yoke outline to add some brightness and flavour to what could be perceived as a dark and bland upper half of the sweater. I think it may also tie the sweater together a little bit.

OPTION 3:



A blue shoulder yoke. Again to add some flavour, and help to define the shoulder patches.

OPTION 4:







A white yoke outline combined with the blue shoulder yoke.

OPTION 5:




A double yoke outline in blue and white.

Vote in the poll to let me know your favourite. As always any comments and suggestions are welcome.

3 comments:

  1. I miss Lapierre in Montreal...

    ReplyDelete
  2. the Habs, the city of Montreal and the province of Quebec have been good the the Canucks. Vigneault, Luongo, Burrows, Lapierre, Higgins. If you want to send over Desharnais, I wouldn't complain either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never!!! If the new GM ever do that, I'll become a Leafs fan! Worst, I start following baseball! We traded too many!

    ReplyDelete