Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Quick Wednesday Update

Well its official, for the third season in a row Canucks have lost to the eventual Stanley Cup champions. Congratulations to the Los Angeles Kings for a dominant Stanley Cup run. Hopefully next season the Canucks will be the Stanley Cup champs rather than being beaten by them.

Just a reminder that the poll for your favourite green alternate sweater closes friday night at 11:59 pm, PDT so vote now, or forever hold your peace. I am excited to see the which one gets the consensus, as of right now, option 4 seems to be pulling away. Once the poll closes, the winning concept will go up on the final concepts page. I am eager to get these final concepts published because there are a lot of talented concept artists coming up with great Canucks concepts which are very similar to mine. My heart nearly skipped a beat (TWICE) when I looked at HJC today, there are a couple fantastic Canucks concepts on there which are strikingly similar to mine. NB14 and Thomas L. are clearly on the same wavelength as I am, in terms of where we think the Canucks should go with their uniforms.

If YOU are a concept artist, and are working on Canucks concepts, feel free to send them in to me at shirtofacanuck@gmail.com, and I will see about getting them posted.

Also speaking of blogs and concepts, huge thanks to Ryan at HJC, and Stéphane at Le troisième chandail for mentioning my blog. Because of this, traffic has been up over the past few days, and as a result I have gotten some feedback which has helped me to develop one of my concepts into something way better than I started out with.

Thanks to Stéphane and Steven, I have an update to the white skate on a plate faux-back (which I posted last friday). The jersey seemed too "blue and white," and the green was downplayed in the striping, yet overplayed in the lettering. Stéphane suggested I switch the thickness of the green and white stripes. This suggestion turned out to be a brilliant idea. The end product looks like a winner.

here it is:







UPDATE

I have played with the colouring in the logo. Here are some other option which I was considering, not sure either of them are better than the last one I posted. Anyways, here they are:

VERSION 1:
To add more green, I swapped the green and white outlines, made the larger stripes in the skate white instead of green to balance the contrast, and made the lettering green. I don't like this one, because the outer outline gets lost.

VERSION 2:
This one is simply the first logo with green instead of white for the lettering.

VERSION 3:
This one again has the green letters instead of the white. Also I have swapped the green and white stripes in the boot of the skate to add more contrast throughout the logo. This is my favourite from the three options with recoloured logos, but I am undecided if I like this one more than the original crest I used.




Let me know which of these is your favourite in the comments.

Look back here on friday for another entry in the faux-back series.

Next week I will be diving headlong into Canucks Winter Classic jerseys.

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! Better! Tried it on the logo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have played with the color on the logo a bit, but I'm not sure that it makes it better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have posted some other options for the away version of the skate on a plate faux-back, with slightly different colouring of the logo. check them out.

    ReplyDelete