Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Flying V Updates

Ok, so when I posted my flying V concepts last saturday, I didn't love them. The more I looked at them, the more I hated them. They were too busy, and the V was entirely lost. With the vertical arm striping the overall shape of the sweater was an M. I liked the idea I had, but couldn't come up with any design which I really liked.

So I took a step back and worked on another non-Canucks concept for a while, and came back with fresh eyes. I simplified my concept, using Stéphane's suggestion to do away with the coloured arms in favour of simply using the outline to suggest the arm stripes from the 1978-85 flying V jerseys.

Here is what I have come up with:


Home Uniform:




Away Uniform:




Let me know what you think.


2 comments:

  1. I love them! Few tweaks: On home and pants, switch green and blue in the Vs. On road, switch blue and green. On both, stop the arms' Vs at the piping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stéphane, for the home and the pants did you really mean switch the green and blue (this would give me a green based sweater)? or did you mean switch the green and white (which would leave the sweater mainly blue)?

      Delete