Friday, July 20, 2012

Friday July 20th: Contributor Concepts

Again this week we have more Black-Red-Yellow concepts from WinnipegJets96!

These concepts have some real potential, and with a bit of polishing could be real winners.

First off, I like the top version (without white) better, it just looks more sleeker.

I also really like the creativity of the design. It reminds me of the Drummondville Voltigeurs sweaters.

When I look at the bottom half (from the hem up to where the arm stripes cut off) of the first sweater, it looks like it belongs in the Canucks wardrobe from the late 80' early 90's. THE FEEL IS THERE!

however, when I look further up the jersey it appears empty, and loses that feel.

Here are some suggestions to help fix this:

- don't cut the V striping off on the sleeves. continue them all the way to the inside edge of the arms.

- maybe simplify the logo a bit (I find that this logo looks way clearer if you take away the small white lines inside the plate). It would be okay to do this in paint on a large version of the logo, and then shrink it down to the right size, then everything should look clear enough.

- everything on this jersey seems a bit low. I would make the logo slightly larger and then move it up on the chest. I would also make the angle of the V slightly steeper, and then continue it further up the jersey.

- the top half of the jersey seems a bit empty. moving everything up would help this, but to fight the emptiness at the top of the sweater I would also make the arm numbers slightly larger (and move them up a bit). Also for the arm numbers I would rotate them slightly (a 10ยบ rotation works well on this template), to fit them to the template better.

- maybe adding a vertical arm stripe like Drummondville has on their sweaters could look really cool.

There is a lot to like about this concept, and plenty of potential. I would love to see what Jets96 comes up with from these suggestions!

Thanks for dropping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment