Tuesday, July 10, 2012

With a Little Help from my Friend.

Hey everyone, I don't know if you recall me mentioning I was working with Justin on a concept. for those of you who have not heard, Justin (from The Art of Hockey) and I have been working on a concept together. It is now complete. Justin approached me with a proposition to use my home and away sweaters, and his third sweater (which was posted in the post I linked to previously in this post) to create a collaborated Canucks uniform set. I agreed, and have had a lot of fun doing this over the past couple weeks.

Working with someone else is great, they can catch your mistakes, make alterations to make the concept better, or you can bounce ideas off of them. But it is not without its challenges. Working on the V in the arm striping took us five back and forths before we came up with something that was as I wanted it (thanks again Justin for putting up with this!), but all the back and forth was worth it because in the end it looks great.

The only real alteration made to my home and road jerseys (other than the template) is in the collar striping. Instead of modelling that after the current Canucks' collars, they are based off the 1970 original jerseys.

A lot has changed in Justin's jersey since its original incarnation. It was giving me a vintage vibe, so that is the direction we took it. We added collar laces, and simplified the striping making white more prevalent and eliminating silver. We also used the Canucks' 40th anniversary numbers, which are big and blocky, and ooze tradition.




All in all we are both really pleased with the alterations made to our work, and I for one think they are better for having input from someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment